Thursday, January 21, 2010

Week 2 EOC- My Demograph

My demograph is generation Y. This means I was born between 1979 and 1994. Our book has some characteristics that describe generation Y. First is that we are impatient. I believe this to be true. We have fast food, fast cars and high speed internet. I am very annoyed when a web page does not load within ten seconds. So much of the things we grew up with are automated, premade and prepackaged. Next is family-oriented, this describes me also. My family is very important to me and I hope to have children of my own one day. Inquisitive is our next characteristic, again is true about me. I always want to know more. One my favorite TV stations is the science channel. I feel I am opinionated, the next characteristic, I think for myself and am not always easily swayed. Diversity is another part of generation Y for which I fit. We are supposed to be good time-managers; this describes me some of the time. I can be quite the procrastinator. Generation is supposed to be “street smart”, which I believe to be, but I know many of my peers who are not. Last is connected, which I definitely am, I always have my cell phone on me which has my email, facebook, bank, music, books, address, and phonebook all on hand all the time. I check these things every day, multiple times for some.

1 comment:

  1. As I see you are mentioning demographics: I have put one of the most comprehensive link lists for hundreds of thousands of statistical sources and indicators (economics, demographics, health etc.) on my blog: Statistics Reference List. And what I find most fascinating is how data can be visualised nowadays with the graphical computing power of modern PCs, as in many of the dozens of examples in these Data Visualisation References. If you miss anything that I might be able to find for you or if you yourself want to share a resource, please leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete