Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Week 3 EOC Customer service

I have working in customer service for about seven years now. My current job emphasizes customer service heavily. We have customer service standards posted in the back hallway. Occasionally we will have secret shopper that report the quality of our customer service. Since I have had customer service standards pounded in my head I am more aware when I receive great customer service that goes beyond what is required. A recent experience I have had that was great customer service was when I visited a Hallmark Gold Crown store. I needed to get a birthday card for my sister. I have never been to the store before and did not know the layout at all. As soon as I walked in a young girl that worked there walked up and greeted me, which I expected. I keep walking to the first wall of cards I saw. The girl walked with me and asked what kind of card I was looking for and whom I would be giving it. I said I was looking for a birthday card for my sister. She directed to the exact spot where there cards that fit my description. The girl was extraordinarily friendly during this encounter. I found the card I wanted in the first one I picked. I was in and out of the store in about five minutes. I for sure would have been wondering around that store for about ten minutes without her help. She demonstrated great customer service to me while the other employees did not even greet me.

No comments:

Post a Comment