Thursday, February 11, 2010

Week 5 EOC Super Bowl Ads

I did not watch the Super Bowl, I was at work the whole duration of the game. However I did watch the commercials on Hulu.com later. They had a whole compilation of commercials. I watched about ten minutes worth of commercials. One of the most memorable commercials was the Dorito's commercial where a guys shows up for a date and is invited in, the lady is a single mom with about a 6 year old son. The woman needs a minute to freshen up, as she walks away he is checking her out. Her son is in the family room with a bowl of dorito's. The guys sits on the couch and grabs a chip. The boy smacks the chip out of his hand and gets in his face and says "don't touch my Mama and don't touch my Dorito's." This ad for sure uses the humor element as well targets single parent families and African Americans. Another ad I remember well is Audi's ad for the new A3 TDI. It uses a adaptation of the song "Dream Police", in the commercial it is "Green Police." A Green Police task force is making busts of environmental offenders. People using plastic grocery bags, throwing batteries away, using styrofoam cups, etc. The car is introduced while the green police are conducting a check point at a road block, looking for cars that are not eco-friendly. When they come across the Audi, the cops says "clean burning diesel, sir" to his superior and they let the Audi skip the road block. The ad is fun and at the end states that the A3 TDI was named 2010 green car of the year. This ad was very memorable to me not because of the satire and humor used, but because I was actually looking into buying that car already.

No comments:

Post a Comment